Important Primary Election Dates
Election season is upon us
Pay attention to when your mail in ballots should be returned
Do you feel you have something to contribute to the governance of your community? Are you one of those that always has something to say on social media concerning how our local government is being run? If so, vote vote in the next election.
Important dates for electing county offices have been announced. Important Election Dates are:
• May 21, 2018 – last day to return mail-in ballot request
• May 30, 2018 – last day to change your party affiliation in-person
• June 5, 2018 – ballots mailed to registered voters
• June 19, 2018 – last day to register to vote online or in-person
• June 12 – 22 – in-person early voting takes place
• June 26, 2018 – last day primary election (in-person only)
We have seen first hand the importance of a community's involvement with their local government.
It is never too late to become involved. That involvement ensures each of us a voice in the decisions that affect each of us.
Do not let yourself or your family blindly follow the policy, laws, and ordinances of the government. Do not let the leaders of the community establish city policy without question. Do not allow the government go unchecked without your scrutiny and input. Support your local government by making your voice heard.
There’s a lot going on.
Get involved, be informed, and don’t forget to vote.