Primary Election Results
After a Canvass by the Heber City Council during a Special Meeting held on August 28, 2017, following is the results of the Primary Election held August 15, 2017:
Kelleen Potter - Mayor - 4-year term - 1,033*
Alan Wayne McDonald - Mayor - 4-year term - 780*
Nick Lopez - Mayor - 4-year term - 190
Wayne E. Hardman - City Council - 4-year term - 650*
Darek J. Slagowski - City Council - 4-year term - 453
Ryan P.C. Stack - City Council - 4-year term - 486
Perry J. Rose - City Council - 4-year term - 608*
Heidi Franco - City Council - 4-year term - 854*
Mark Tobler - City Council - 4-year term - 491*
Jim Mortensen - City Council - 4-year term - 128
Michelle Vest, CMC
Published is The Wasatch Wave August 30, 2017.
NOTICE is hereby given that the WASATCH COUNTY PLANNING COMMISSION will hold a Public Hearing on September 14, 2017 at 7:00 p.m. in the Wasatch County Council Chambers, located at 25 North Main Street, Heber City, to consider the following items:
1. A proposed amendment to fix discrepancies in code sections 16.02.08(D) and 16.02.09(J) which contradict each other and keep the existing language in 2.02.02 (G,2). If the proposal is approved there will only be one place in the code (2.02.02 G, 2) that establishes the voting requirements for the Board of Adjustment. *Recommendation by the Planning Commission on this item will be considered by the County Council as the Land Use Authority, at a Public Hearing on September 20, 2017.
2. A proposal to delete a portion of Title 16 regarding shared private driveways in 16.27.31. The current code allows for shared private driveways for up to three units but does not have a maximum driveway length. The proposal would add a maximum length of 150’, along with other shared driveway regulations, to Title 14 which is the engineering code. *Recommendation by the Planning Commission on this item will be considered by the County Council as the Land Use Authority, at a Public Hearing on September 20, 2017.
3. Discussion and possible motion on the North Village Code. The staff and consultant, PSOMAS, have been working on a re-write and simplification of the North Village Code which is 16.16 of the code. The code has been presented to the County Council who made a number of recommendations. The County Council wanted the Planning Commission to review the proposal before coming back to the County Council for their approval. *Recommendation by the Planning Commission on this item will be considered by the County Council as the Land Use Authority, at a Public Hearing on September 20, 2017.
4. A proposed amendment to the Wasatch County Trails plan which is 16.38 appendix 3 of the County code. The proposal updates the map and updates portions of the code to provide more specific regulations on trail types, trailhead locations and improvements. The updated map is intended to provide connections between County, municipalities and State parks. *Recommendation by the Planning Commission on this item will be considered by the County Council as the Land Use Authority, at a Public Hearing on September 20, 2017.
5. Barbara Boss is requesting a map amendment to the North Village Overlay Zone (NVOZ) land use map. The proposal is to amend the land use map for approximately 6-acres in the North Horizon subdivision and change the land use designation from a T-3 designation (3 ERU’s per acre) to a T-4 (4 ERU’s per acre) or T-5 (6 ERU’s per acre). The request is located approximately 427 Moulton Lane in Section 18, Township 3 South, Range 5 East. *Recommendation by the Planning Commission on this item will be considered by the County Council as the Land Use Authority, at a Public Hearing on September 20, 2017.
6. An ordinance of Wasatch County, Utah amending Title 16.41 of the Wasatch County code; clarifying the authority of the JSPA (Jordanelle Specially Planned Area) Planning Commission and amending the development flow chart in the code below section 8.10.9 and providing for an effective date. This item was reviewed by the JSPA Planning Commission. *Recommendation by the Planning Commission on this item will be considered by the County Council as the Land Use Authority, at a Public Hearing on September 20, 2017.
7. Shanna Draper and Kayla Walker are requesting a plat amendment to Timber Lakes Plat 10 Amended and the plat for Lot 971 Amended to combine lots 1072 and 971 of the Timber Lakes Development into one 3.52 acre lot. The two existing lots are located at 9356 E. (971) and 9372 E. (1072) Deer Creek Drive in Section 9 and 3, Township 4 South, Range 6 East in the M (Mountain) zone.
8. Jeff Graham, representative for VR Acquisitions LLC, is requesting final plat and site plan approval for Plat W at Victory Ranch, which contains 28 lots on 285.93 acres. Preliminary approval was granted in July of 2017. This plat is located on the south side of Evening Star Drive in Sections 5, 6 and 7 of Township 3 South, Range 6 East in the JBOZ (Jordanelle Basin Overlay Zone).
9. Victory Ranch LLC is requesting conditional use approval for a 250,000 gallon water tank that will serve future needs of the Victory Ranch development. The parcel that the tank will be located on will be part of Plat W which is currently going through for final approval. The tank site is located in Section 7, Township 3 South, Range 5 East in the JBOZ (Jordanelle Basin Overlay Zone). If no objections are received within the 10-day noticing period, the approval will be handled administratively by staff as outlined in 16.23.03 of the county land use code.
10. Dakota Hawks, representative for Technology Associates and Verizon Wireless, is requesting a conditional use permit for an 80’ monopole (with platform) and equipment area on lot 1 (parcel #00-0017-1970) of the KOTYK Subdivision. Lot 1 is 6.40 acres and is located at approximately 2100 South Daniels Road in Section 7, Township 4 South, Range 5 East in the Industrial zone.
11. Kenneth Heidorn is requesting a conditional use permit to construct an Accessory Residential Unit (mother in-law unit) attached to his home located in the Crossings at Lake Creek Lot 143. The home is located at 336 S. Lindsay Hill Rd. in Section 3, Township 4 South, Range 5 East in the RA-1 (Residential Agricultural 1 Acre) zone.
12. Brett and Angie Parkin, representing BMA Squared Ranch LLC, are requesting an amendment to the plat for BMA Squared Ranch, LLC, to combine the two 37.61 acre lots into one 75.22 acre lot. The two existing lots are located at approximately 10100 E. Lake Creek Road in Sections 2 and 3, Township 4 South, Range 6 East in the M (Mountain) zone.
13. Nick Dudley is requesting a conditional use permit for a 546 square foot free standing solar panel on his property. The proposed panel would be located on Mr. Dudley’s 5.28 acre residential lot located at 2504 West Main Canyon Road (parcel # 00-0020-2896) in Section 2, Township 5 South, Range 4 East in the RA-5 (Residential Agricultural 5 Acre) Zone. If no objections are received within the 10-day noticing period, the approval will be handled administratively by staff as outlined in 16.23.03 of the county land use code.
All interested persons are invited to attend.
A briefing will be held in the Council Chambers at 6:00 p.m. to review the evening’s issues. This briefing will be for discussion purposes only between the Planning Staff and the Planning Commission. No action will be taken. The public may attend; however, no public testimony will be heard. For information, please call the Planning Department at 435-657-3205.
*County Council Public Hearings will be held at 6:00 p.m. in the County Council Chambers located at 25 North Main Street, Heber City on the date specified.
Pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, individuals needing special accommodations during the meeting should notify the Wasatch County Planning Department prior to the meeting.
Wasatch County Planning
Published in The Wasatch Wave August 30, 2017.
IN THE FOURTH WDICIAL DISTRICT COURT OF WASATCH COUNTY, STATE OF UTAH
Fourth District Court, 1361 So. Highway 40, Heber City, Utah 84032
JOSE ROQUE ROCHA GOMEZ,
YEVETH GOMEZ GAMA,
Case No. 174500132
JUDGE: BROWN, JENNIFER A.
THE STATE OF UTAH TO: YEVETH GOMEZ GAMA
You are summoned and required to file an ANSWER in writing to the attached VERIFIED PETITION FOR DIVORCE. Within 21 days after service of this SUMMONS if you are served in the State of Utah, or within 30 days if you are served outside the State of Utah, you must file your written answer with the clerk of the court at Fourth District Court, 1361 So. Highway 40, Heber City, Utah 84032 and you must mail or deliver a copy to JOSE ROQUE ROCHA GOMEZ at 2 SKYLINE DR, HEBER CITY, UT 84032. If you fail to do so, judgment by default will be taken against you for the relief demanded in the VERIFIED PETITION FOR DIVORCE. The VERIFIED PETITION FOR DIVORCE is on file with the clerk of the court. READ THESE PAPERS CAREFULLY. These papers mean that you are being sued for divorce.
JOSE ROQUE ROCHA GOMEZ
Serve YEVETH GOMEZ GAMA at the following address:
YEVETH GOMEZ GAMA
If you are unable to afford an attorney, information about free or low cost legal assistance.is available at: http://www.utcourts.gov/howto/lega~assist/.
Published in The Wasatch Wave August 30, and September 6, 13 20, 2017.
NOTICE OF PUBLIC
Notice is hereby given that public hearings will be held by the Midway City Council on Wednesday, 13 September 2017, 6:00 p.m., in the City Council Chambers, Midway Community Center, 160 West Main Street, Midway, Utah. Time will be allowed for public comment regarding the following items:
Ordinance 2017-13/Lundin Annexation (Nora Lundin) – Proposed Ordinance 2017-13 Approving the Lundin Annexation Located at 900 West Swiss Alpine Road. Recommended with Conditions by the Midway City Planning Commission.
Ordinance 2017-12 / Sensitive Lands (City Planner) – Proposed Ordinance 2017-12 Amending Section 16.16.10 of the Midway City Municipal Code Regarding Sensitive Lands. Recommended without Conditions by the Midway City Planning Commission.
Copies of the above items may be obtained from the Midway City Recorder at 75 North 100 West, Midway (Midway City Office Building). Midway City is happy to provide reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities. For assistance, please contact the Midway City Recorder at 654-3223 x118.
Published in The Wasatch Wave August 30, and September 6, 2017.
HEBER CITY PUBLIC
Notice is hereby given that a petition from Carolyn Cook has been filed with Heber City Corporation proposing the annexation of the hereinafter described acreage known as the Sunrise Annexation (previously known as the Cook Annexation). The proposed parcel is located at the southeast of the intersection of Center Street and Mill Road, at approximately 1250 East Center Street, Heber City, Wasatch, Utah 84032. Following is the legal description:
Beginning at a Point on the Present City Boundary of Heber City, Utah as Referenced by the Heber City Annexation (Entry 00182056) and the Murdock Annexation (Entry 276990), Said Point Being East 40.06 Feet and South 7.84 Feet from the 1997 Wasatch County Survey Monument for the Northwest Corner of Section 4, Township 4 South, Range 5 East, Salt Lake Base and Meridian;
And Running Thence Along the Boundary South 89º32’57” East 813.02 Feet as Referenced by the 1995 Heber City Annexation (Entry 00182056) to Intersect the Eastern Boundary of Parcel 00-0008-9933 (See Record of Survey #747).
Thence South 17º14’08” West 689.41 Feet Following the Eastern Boundary (See Record of Survey #747) and Boundary Line Extended Southerly to Intersect an Extension of the North Boundary of Parcel 00-0014-3359 (See Record of Survey 2856).
Thence North 89º39’03” West 606.57 Feet Along the North Boundary (See Record of Survey 2856) and Boundary Line Extended Easterly, to Intersect the East Boundary of the Murdock Annexation.
Thence North 00º11’18” West 661.16 Feet Along the East Boundary of Murdock Annexation (Rotated to Match Basis of Bearings) To the Point of Beginning.
The Heber City Council received notice of certification under Subsection 10-2-405(2)(C)(i) on August 23, 2017. The annexation petition is available for inspection and copying at the office of the City Recorder.
Heber City may grant the petition and annex the area described in the petition unless by September 22, 2017, a written protest to the annexation petition is filed with the Boundary Commission by delivering a copy to the County Clerk at 25 North Main Street, Heber City and a copy of the protest also delivered to the City Recorder of Heber City at 75 North Main Street, Heber City. Those allowed by law to protest are affected entities (county legislative body, independent special districts, school districts and cities within ½ mile of the area proposed for annexation.)
Published in The Wasatch Wave August 30, and September 6 and 13, 2017.
Heber Valley Special Service District will be having a HAY AUCTION on September 5, 2017 at 6:00 pm at the District Administration Building located at 1000 E Main St Midway, UT. 84049. For more information, please contact District Office at (435) 654-2248 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Published in The Wasatch Wave August 30, 2017.
HEBER CITY COUNCIL
In accordance with Section 10-6-127 of the Utah Code, notice is hereby given that the Heber City Council will hold a Public Hearing on September 7, 2107. The purpose of the Hearing is to increase the total appropriations in the Capital Projects Fund Budget in the 2017-2018 fiscal year budget. The meeting will be held at 5:00 p.m. at the Heber City Municipal Building located at 75 North Main Street. Any questions citizens may have regarding this hearing may be directed to the City Manager at 435-657-7885.
Published in The Wasatch Wave August 30, 2017.
PUBLIC HEARING TOWN OF DANIEL ZONING CHANGE
At the regularly scheduled Town Council meeting on September 11, 2017 at 6:00 PM the Daniel Planning Commission will join the Council to hold a public hearing to receive comment concerning a possible zone change of property owned by Eric and Shelly Bunker located at 1822 West 3000 South in Daniel. After the public hearing the Council may consider an ordinance to change the current RA-5 zoning to Commercial. The hearing will be held at the Wasatch County Services Complex, 55 South 500 West, Room 126, Heber City, Utah. Comments may also be sent to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to Daniel Town at 981 W. Valley View Rd., Daniel, UT, 84032. If special accommodations are needed to attend this hearing, individuals should contact Lynne Shindurling at 435-654-5062 at least 24 hours prior to the hearing.
Daniel Town Recorder
Published in The Wasatch Wave August 23 and 30, 2017.
NOTICE TO WATER USERS
The applications below were filed with the Division of Water Rights unless otherwise designated).
These are informal proceedings per Rule R655-6-2. Protests concerning an application must be legibly written or typed, contain the name and mailing address of the protesting party, STATE THE APPLICATION NUMBER PROTESTED, CITE REASONS FOR THE PROTEST, and REQUEST A HEARING, if desired. Also, A $15 FEE MUST BE INCLUDED FOR EACH APPLICATION PROTESTED. Protests must be filed with the Division of Water Rights, PO Box 146300, Salt Lake City, UT 84114-6300, or by hand delivery to a Division office during normal business hours on or before SEPTEMBER 19, 2017. Please visit waterrights.utah.gov or call (801)538-7240 for additional information.
55-12850 (A80974): Tom and Linda Whitaker propose(s) using 3.0 cfs. from the Geothermal Springs (Midway) for FISH CULTURE:; GEOTHERMAL: Heating of buildings and greenhouses.
55-12844 (a42856): Robert Peek Trust propose(s) using 0.45 ac-ft. from groundwater (Brighton Estates) for DOMESTIC.
55-9432(a23782): LaVerl D. and Jolene E. Mecham is/are filing an extension for 1.562 ac-ft. from groundwater (in Wallsburg) for IRRIGATION; STOCKWATERING; DOMESTIC.
55-9434(a23783): LaVerl D. and Jolene E. Mecham is/are filing an extension for 1.562 ac-ft. from groundwater (in Wallsburg) for IRRIGATION; STOCKWATERING; DOMESTIC.
Kent L. Jones, P.E.
Published in The Wasatch Wave on AUGUST 23 and 30, 2017.
REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS
Heber City is requesting proposals from qualified Engineering consultants with the expertise necessary to assist the City in converting our existing AutoCAD based mapping data into a GIS based mapping system and with setting up a GIS system that can be easily maintained by the City.
For those interested, the Request for Proposals will be available Wednesday, August 16, 2017, on Heber City’s web site at www.ci.heber.ut.us under the Engineering Department section. RFP documents may also be obtained from Cathy Bingham at the Heber City offices, 75 North Main Street, Heber City, Utah 84032, (435) 657-7892. The deadline for submitting proposals is 5:00 p.m. on Thursday, September 7, 2017. No proposals will be accepted after this time.
Heber City Corporation reserves the right to accept or reject any or all proposals or any part of any proposal if it is deemed to be in the best interests of the City to do so.
Published in The Wasatch Wave August 16, 23 and 30, 2017.